Saturday, February 20, 2010

Giving Credit Where Its Due

I have been feeling slightly guilty as of late for putting the West Coast on such a pedestal (albeit perhaps a shorter one than average - ha. ha.) since my visit there, but tonight has given me the perfect opportunity to give credit where credit is due. After all, there is a reason I've spent almost 5 years in the lovely city of Montreal...

It's a Friday night. It's 9pm. And I actually have a long weekend. How sad it is that I'm sitting at home blogging? (the answer is 'quite' - I would have kept it a secret but these damn things post the time anyway). Point being that due to friends leaving the city and friends being lame with work and friends leaving on spring break, I have spent the past hour slightly bummed at my lack of exciting plans for the weekend. One can only watch the Olympics for so many hours...

And then, without even trying, boasting, or bragging with an 'I told you so,' Montreal comes to the rescue. I'm talking full blown, SAQ-Wine-and-Dine, Festival-of-Lights, Nuit-Blanche, fireworks - and did we mention most of it is free - rescue.

Check it out: http://www.montrealenlumiere.com/accueil_en.aspx

Needless to say, I have the next 3 days cut out for me trying to pack it all in. But that's another issue. For now, I am just basking in the beauty that is Montreal's ability to provide fantastic culture, activities, and excitement in a relaxed, non-chalant, but oh yeah we'll be partyin' til 4am kinda way. On that note, I should probably shower -- I'm also basking in a layer of salty sweat from tonight's run up Mount Royal. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment