Monday, February 22, 2010

The Best Laid Plans Gang Aft Agley

Despite great enthusiasm and my best intentions, I still haven't made it out to the festival de lumieres, nor even to the fireworks. There was even a failed 2nd attempt to watch them from a balcony in the McGill ghetto. Plans to drive myself home on Saturday night -- also, not so much. And plans to go to hot yoga (a necessity now to keep both knees happy) also haven't happened, despite trying for the past 3 days.

Does anybody remember that diagram they used to put in our agendas in elementary school... it was an attempt to teach us about time management and it outlined the difference between urgent & important? I found it on wiki, this isn't an exact replica, but just to have some context: The subpoint of the diagram was also not to forget about the things in life that are important but not urgent (conveniently highlighted in yellow). :-)


I think my point is, Festival de Lumiere, always going to be here. Reconnecting with my Montreal friends (whom, because of aformentioned adventures, I have not seen in a long time) probably falls into the pretty yellow square. So while my weekend definitely consisted of classically 'regular weekend' events (breakfasts out, Olympic watching, dinner, drinks, repeat almost exactly), I had an absolutely lovely time reconnecting with the people I did them with. {Is it fun or lame for me to post initials? (feel free to let me know) but especially big smiles for DA, KB, AG, LL, BR}. It's funny, sometimes when you haven't done something / seen somebody in a long time, you forget those things you love about it/them.

Incidentally, it works the other way too. Like being sick. Ew, forgot how much I hate that. Today's plans for skating definitely got replaced with 2 bags of popcorn & 3 movies. But all in all, it's been pretty frickin' great to have nothing go according to plan... how else would I have found out that Videotron has a 3 for 1 on Mondays?!

No comments:

Post a Comment