A mere 19 months since my left knee started acting up, 9 months since my hip flexor was pulled, and 7 months since my right knee got f*cked, (with a few minor IT-band snafoos in there), and I am finally discharged from physio... woo hoo hoo hoooooo!!
On this happy occasion, I thought I would put together a list, a self-reminder really, of ways knees have been hurt in the past, and therefore things to avoid in order not to hurt knees in the future. Kids, please don't try this at home.
1. Too many lunges
2. Cycling > 90 km when you haven't cycled > 20 yet that year.
3. Getting up from the couch to get your coat (not me, but known to happen, may as well forwarn others)
4. Dancing
5. Dancing in heels
6. Dancing in heels on tables
7. Break-dancing
8. Attempting to break-dance when you're really WAY too drunk to even be dancing.
9. Stairs
10. 24- hours of stairs
11. Getting lost snowshoeing in the woods
12. Getting lost cross-country skiing in the woods
13. Triathlons
14. Half-ironmen
15. Popping pain killers during such activities as 6, 10, or 14 to ignore the knee pain in the hopes that it won't come back
And of course
16. Attempting to do the worm after 6-7 drinks in slippery socks on a hardwood floor
This list may sound crazy, but I have a feeling that somehow, somewhere, there is a knee out there thanking me...
Goa!
12 years ago
I'll have to keep #6 in mind next time I'm out.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the warning
this may have just made my day...
ReplyDeletebut you forgot tuck jumps on the track and deciding to run a marathon a week before the race
how long do you think it will be until we need artificial knees?