On the first Tuesday of every month, the generator outside my office goes through some 'routine diagnostic stuff' which may sound pretty, but actually entails really loud, distracting whirring sounds from 8 - 11:30 am. I arrived at work at 8:45 this Tuesday, heard the sound, sighed and thought to myself "Ugh, first Tuesday of March." But then, I thought of something else, and ended up smiling because, "Ah, it's my last first Tuesday."
The past week has been full of such thoughts.
Last Friday, my first car took his last drive. He was a great little car, always up for fun and adventure. Mazda Silver will be missed and fondly remembered.
Canadian athletes (& hockey players) had their first chance to make a lasting impression on Canadians and the world... they certainly did. (Is 'lasting' the adjectival form of 'last' ?! Cool.)
Yesterday, I rode my beeter bike for the first time in 2010. It was a pretty glorious feeling, rush of air over my face, etc. Although, the tires had significantly less air than the last time I rode it in early December.
And today, I submitted a resignation letter which will end my first real job on the last day of March.
I think that wraps up the thoughts on this topic for now. And as this is my last post of my first month of blogging, I hope to have piqued your interests in one way or another so that by the time I leave North America you will be hooked and eagerly anticipating posts on my next adventures. Apparently "Every new beginning [does] come from some other beginning's end." ;-)
Goa!
12 years ago
you need more pictures!
ReplyDelete