21:10 arrival at the Hofbrauhaus.
21:12 find seats
21:13 meet the guy at our table, a very enthusiastic Halifax-er, ie another CANADIAN.
21:15 Litre beers round 1
Kevin, from Halifax, left momentarily to bring his wife and young daughter back to their hotel, but promised us he'd be back to drink and reminisce on his previous hofbrauhaus experiences, dating back to 1986. He actually took it quite well when I told him I wasn't even born then...
My favourite story of his does date back to this time, which he recounted, on the lovely ladies who tended to the men's washrooms, coming to mens' aid (who had had 1 or 2 or 5 too many) and gently putting their hands around mens' waists to steady them and help them hit the target, so to speak.
21:25 I recognize a guy sitting at another table... from mcgill.
21:26 Torontonian Kelley encourages me to go for it
21:30 Tyler & Emma from mcgill bring their beers over to our ever-growing Canadian table.
Many cheers-es ensue.
21:40 Kevin returns and orders the table round #2 ... round #3 for Torontonian Dave?
Lots of drunken banter and more cheers-es. Michelle realizes she has to finish this litre in the next 20ish minutes. Tyler is easily convinced to stay for another round.
Our table meets the next table, Kelley & I meet the > 60 aged dancing German ladies, Dave meets more Canadians
21:58 Kelley on, we'd really love for you to stay, but if you don't finish up, you're going to miss your train
22:05 I finish chugging my beer.
22:04 ? Somebody has the idea I should stay in Munich? I silently thank the people at Eurorail for making daytime trains free, but wonder where I would stay...
... 22:05 I affirm that married couples who travel are the nicest people EVER.
Kevin orders round #?!
22:45 My train leaves Munich. I do not :)
The hofbrauhaus empties, except for the Canadians. I guess I was causing a ruckus because they have to bribe me to leave... with a FREE hofbrauhaus mug!!! So with a significantly heavier backpack but a light heart I skip down the road with my Canadians, I convince somebody he should let me borrow his bike, I magically don't crash it, but return it to him so that I can dance through the fountain (Michelle, the water-focus when you're drinking reeeallyy needs to be diverted from 'play in it' to 'drink a whole hell of a lot of it'), and I pass out on my Torontonian couple's futon.
July 2nd, 6:30 am. Owwwwwww. Happy duckin Canada day. :)
7:30 am. To Amsterdam, take 2.
Goa!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment