Monday, March 21, 2011

Prelude to a Facebook Album

Well it's 1:30 am London time (2:30 am Amsterdam time, 9:30 or 8:30 pm Eastern), we got back from Amsterdam a few hours ago on Sunday night, and I fly London to Toronto mid afternoon Monday. I'm beyond exhausted and can't sleep because I have too much on my mind. To that effect, I have decided upon two things.

1) My "April month resolution" is to write at least one per week, in the hopes of (i) publishing a bunch of unfinished blogs (ii) ensuring I tell you about this mini Euro-trip (iii) clearing space in ye old brain and (iv) sleeping more. So the 5 of you that read this blog can have that to hopefully look forward to.

2) I will write a small London / Amsterdam post, which I will hopefully continue and finish within the next few weeks, as per (1).

Here goes (2): My mind is currently whirring with how I would like to create a facebook album entitled "One is Silver and the other Gold". The name originates from the song "Make new friends, but keep the old....", a song which has been on repeat in my head for over 2 weeks, perhaps since I realized that is exactly what this mini Euro-trip has been about. Please cue the three reasons why: a new city (London, March 2011) and an old (Amsterdam, July 2010); old friends (Eric, Maura, Becca) and new (Eric's friends from school here in London); old colours with which I made analogies (orange, purple) and new colour analogies to come (silver, gold).

Yes, gold & silver are the colours I'm writing about. Yes, that might be kind of cheesy. Yes, that is a pun. Yes, this is all foreshadowing an awesome blog post to come...

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment