Sunday, May 9, 2010

NIB: The End of the Beginning

Eric left for the Balkans late last night for work, and Sari & Alex left around noon today for the next part of their adventure. So, as I sit here, alone in the apartment, doing some final laundry, re-packing, re-charging, re-plenishing, etc. (and watching movies!) I can't help but feel a little nervous about what's to come.

For the past 18 nights, for all the unknown, there has always been some important knowns (the people, the places, and where the beds were --- or at least the people that knew the places and where the beds were). And already it feels like I've been gone for 3 months.

But I have 3 months ahead of me without the people, the places, or where the beds are. Which is really exciting. And really scary. And really exciting.

And so, today marks the end of the beginning (the bed tonight is seat 22B & the Abu Dhabi airport terminal), and tomorrow, in Istanbul, Turkey, it shall be the beginning of the middle.

Catch you guys on the flip side ;-)

1 comment:

  1. get some sleeeeeep!

    and good luck on the next set of your adventures!

    .. and start collecting a souvenir from each country for me :)

    ReplyDelete