My overnight bus arrived into Zagreb at about 9 am, and since the visit was only about 6 hours, I'd say that's a layover.
Zagreb is known for its museums, which I really had no interest in seeing. I walked around most of the town, botanical gardens, markets, up to some old city walls, etc. And what was most apparent was that there were something like 5 million churches... per square foot. There was a fairly large gothic church, as well as I believe both Roman and Orthodox churnes. There was even something called 'the bronze gate' (I think... Eek I forget) which was an outdoor place of worship. Nuts. Quite beautiful as well.
I was fairly exhausted so I spent a good hour or so at one coffee shop and read over my shoestring's brief historical overviews for each of the Balkan area countries, so provided the neurons and thumbs are feeling up to the challenge, you may have that to look forward to.
Also, best fresh fruit. Better than Sarajevo, which was absolutely fantastic. I think I had the juiciest, freshest, most full of flavour cherries I've ever tasted.
And the reason for the title's inclusion of '... laying down' is for the nap I had at the train station AND the nap I had on the train on my way to Slovenia. Yah, verrry excited for the anticipated 10 hours in a real bed tonight :)
Goa!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment