Sunday, June 20, 2010

Italy, Ancona: laying over 4, leasing over 1

This could also have fallen into the NIB category of posts, but since I did leave the train station and carry my pack around on public transportation, I'll count it as a layover.

Similarly to other layovers, i looked like I was on a mission and probably looked like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. But contrary to other layovers, I didn't stop to see any sights.

With a 2-hour time window, and the knowledge that I would not have wifi for another 16 hours, I ran around searching for the first Internet cafe I could find. Read the multiple emails from my wonderful mother, spending an extra day in Toronto after her conference to go apartment hunting for me. Got on skype. Got the 7-min apartment blurb. Asked a few questions. Got a few answers. Decided I could trust my mother ;) Said 'go for it' and 'i love you'. So I think I have an aprtment now ?! Waiting on the eastern time update....

(so yes, with an official UBC rejection, I will officially be starting in Toronto in late August. Spending time with the frenchies again made me realize just how much I'll miss Montreal, but I think it's time for a change and a new scene and I will DEFINITELY be back to visit ;)

Ran out of Internet cafe. Ate the strangest chicken kebab wrap I've had yet (and I've had lots!). Found bus station. Caught a bus to the boat ticketing station. Bought ticket to Croatia. Caught another bus to the marina. Went through customs. New stamp! Photos of boat:




Get on Boat! View:



Sleeeeep.

Wakeup in Split, Croatia!

No comments:

Post a Comment