Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Switzerland, Neuchatel: dancing to a different tune

Although I will be exploring other towns while here (Montreux, Martigny, & the city of Lausanne) I spent 3 evenings with Sophie at her home in Neuchatel, a necessary break from the big cities, alcohol, street food, pub crawls, and doe-a-deer's.

As the title forshadows, and I'm sure without surprise, I have been dancing to a different tune while here - going for a flip-flop-flip-flop walk with Sophie through the vineyards, waking up to the Ray, a drop of golden sun, shining over the lake, breeze whistling through the giant garden outside my bedroom.

I even took the time to Sew, a needle pulling thread, the button back onto my favourite shorts so I could wear them again, while sitting on a small bench outside, while Sophie and I chit-chatted La, La, La, a note to follow So.

And although we didn't have Tea, a drink with jam and bread, we did have 3 lovely breakfasts out in the sunshine with breads, cheese, nutella, bananas, and un bon cafe. Ou deux. ;)

Finally, I went on an ever-needed Fa, a long long way to run. And got lost amongst the vineyards to the sounds of birds chirping, cow bells dingling, and voices of kind neighbours saying 'bonjour'. This is not to mention the soothing sounds of my own feet along the gravel, pshup -pshup, pshup - pshup, performing the magic a run always does, of returning the feeling of Me, a name I call myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment